Jetstar and IndiGo’s Virtual Interline Partnership Goes Live


The virtual interline between Jetstar and IndiGo has gone live today, giving Jetstar customers in Singapore and Southeast Asia more options to book low-cost nonstop flights and connections to India.

Save on your hotel - hotelscombined.com


On Wednesday (August 17, 2022), Jetstar announced that their virtual interline partnership with IndiGo has now officially gone live.  Jetstar customers in Singapore and Southeast Asia now have more options to book direct low-cost flights and connections to India.  Customers can access IndiGo’s low fares from Jetstar’s hub in Singapore to popular destinations in India via jetstar.com, with service to Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Tiruchirappalli and more.  The Jetstar Connect service is an integrated booking system that allows customers to select flights, buy ancillary products such as baggage and seats, and enjoy seamless international connectivity.

EN - 728x90


On Wednesday (August 17, 2022), Jetstar announced that their virtual interline partnership with IndiGo has now officially gone live.  Jetstar customers in Singapore and Southeast Asia now have more options to book direct low-cost flights and connections to India.  Customers can access IndiGo’s low fares from Jetstar’s hub in Singapore to popular destinations in India via jetstar.com, with service to Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Tiruchirappalli and more.  The Jetstar Connect service is an integrated booking system that allows customers to select flights, buy ancillary products such as baggage and seats, and enjoy seamless international connectivity.

980*120


In Wednesday’s announcement, Jetstar Asia’s Commercial Lead, Mr. Poh Tiong Seng, said,

“Today’s announcement is a significant milestone for Jetstar as we continue to expand our network via Singapore’s Changi Airport through our partnership with IndiGo.  Jetstar Connect allows us to offer our customers more exciting opportunities to travel and more great value fares all at the click of a button, making travel even more accessible.” 

Also commenting on the new virtual interline partnership, IndiGo’s Chief Strategy and Revenue officer, Sanjay Kumar, added,

980*120


“This strategic agreement will enable both airlines to tap into the rising demand for international travel, with the upcoming festive season.  The partnership will enable customers to enjoy seamless connectivity between Jetstar and IndiGo and access to a wide variety of destinations across Asia Pacific. This partnership will also help us to expand our international connectivity to yet another continent through Jetstar’s network.  We look forward to having Jetstar’s customers on our lean clean flying machine, as we extend to them our on-time, affordable, courteous and hassle-free travel experience.”

Founded in 2006, IndiGo has grown into India’s largest airlines, and one of the fastest growing LCCs in the world.  The carrier’s operates with a simple philosophy of providing low fares and courteous, hygienic, on-time and hassle-free service.  IndiGo operates a fleet of over 280 aircraft and offers over 1,600 daily flights to 74 domestic and 25 international destinations.

728*90


Launched in Australia in 2004, Jetstar Airways is wholly owned by the Qantas Group, and has to date carried over 250 million passengers.  Jetstar Group also includes Singapore-based Jetstar Asia Airways which is managed by Newstar Holdings and majority-owned (51%) by Westbrook Investments of Singapore, with the remaining 49% owned by Qantas Group.  The company also includes Jetstar Japan, a partnership between Qantas Group, Japan Airlines and Tokyo Century Corporation.  Jetstar Group is one of the Asia Pacific’s largest LCC networks by revenue, with Jetstar-branded carriers serving over 85 destinations with more than 5,000 flights weekly.  The Group operates a fleet of 11 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners, 96 Airbus A320s and six A321s, and also has 18 Airbus A321neoLRs on order for Jetstar Airways.  


Source(s): Jetstar, IndiGo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post